Altoona Container Park Event
This will be an open house to show off our new entrepreneur container park. A short ten-minute presentation at 4 p.m. will be followed by light refreshments and stations where people can see the park's designs.
Nov 16, 2022, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM
The Fish House, 418 9th St W, Altoona, WI 54720, USA
About the Event
About This Event
The City of Altoona has been awarded a neighborhood investment grant to create micro-retail container space. The project involves redeveloping two properties Altoona recently purchased in our downtown core as an office, restaurant, and retail incubator hub with a unique public space component.
The City plans to redevelop the subject parcels to accommodate prefabricated micro-retail units surrounding a public plaza designed to host community events and drive traffic to the micro-retailers.
All but one of the units would be leased to entrepreneurs at below-market rates, with the intent of only recovering directly attributable operational costs. Staff from the Eau Claire Economic Development Corporation and CoLab would support leasing activities.
One of the micro-retail units and a bathroom would be controlled by Altoona for operating public events and partnering with nonprofits to raise funds. The City would also program the stage.
The micro-retail units will be constructed by Containers UP, a Milwaukee-based company that has experience in micro-retail projects.
- Explore future potential space for your business
- Talk to the City about the space and what they see for programming and non-profit opportunities
- Generate some buzz around re-using existing space and having less environmental impact on an area
Who Should Attend This Event?
- Local businesses looking to take the next step into a retail space.
- Local restauranteurs that might be looking for a different experience.
- Financial representatives that might be interested in supporting local businesses.
- People interested in alternative businesses that will be more eco-friendly in an area.
About Our Speaker
Mike Golat is the City Administrator for the City of Altoona. Mr. Golat has worked hard with local businesses to develop a welcoming community with different retail experiences that have engendered an entrepreneur spirit and an exciting retail experience for both shoppers and vendors.